This pretreatment Water Softener Cartridge System softens the feed water before it is distilled to reduce residue build-up and scaling in the boiling chamber. Unlike other softeners the Softener Cartridge Kit requires no regeneration as the cartridge is simply discarded and replaced. To calculate the number of gallons that can be softened before the cartridge needs to be replaced you simply divide the capacity of the cartridge by the hardness of the water and divide by the maximum capacity of the distiller
- 4500-grain removal capacity
- Fits in standard 20” big blue filter housing
- In-line installation with ¼” tubing and quick connect fittings.
- Replaceable cartridge
- No regeneration process
- 20” 4500-grain softener cartridge
- Filter housing
Pure Water Part Numbers:
- Complete Kit: #110-8200
- Replacement Cartridge: #218-0020
- Hardness = 10 grains per gallon
- Cartridge Capacity = 4500 grains
- Distiller Capacity = 10 gallons per day
- 4500 grains / 10 grains per gallon = 450 gallons that can be treated by one cartridge
- 450 gallons / 10 gallons per day distiller capacity = 45 days before cartridge needs to be changed
*Calculating by distiller’s maximum capacity gives the shortest period. You should use an estimation of the customer’s actual distilled water usage when doing the calculation.
Save Heating Elements and Hassles!